death by henna(mehndi)?

India
September 25, 2009 11:47am CST
It was a night before our biggest festival when there was this big rumour about death taking place due to henna.We were sleeping when suddenly there was an announcement that people are dying by putting henna so do not put it.But we were fast asleep then our door was knocked hardly,we woke up and got the horrible news that many people died due to it and if we have also put it then wash it as quick as we can. Luckily is the first time ever we hadn't put henna(it was becoz of my laziness).
2 people like this
6 responses
• Philippines
25 Sep 09
is that a curse? :|??
• Philippines
25 Sep 09
not~!
@vidhi169 (108)
• India
29 Oct 11
Yes, i heard this news it is because they add poisonous chemicals to it to make the color deep. since it is herbal that is why it has no side effect on your hair. other cosmetic colors may cause skin diseases and hair loss etc. http://mehndidesignsforhands.org
@cream97 (29180)
• United States
13 Sep 10
Hi, coolcat123. Is henna like a coloring of some sort? I am glad that you all have washed whatever needs to be washed. I am happy that you have not suffered from the effects of the henna too.
• India
13 Sep 10
Yes i know such incidents, it is because they add poisonous chemicals to it to make the color deep, that enters in to skin and creates real problem.. Thanks for sharing. Welcome always, cheers. Professor. .
@jaiho2009 (36779)
• Philippines
25 Sep 09
I guess there is more reason about it and not the henna alone since i have come to know that indians were using henna for a long time and it is only now that this news has come. As i have read one responder here,it is caused by lead...so,it is not the henna that caused poison but the lead content of it. Maybe manufacturer would make test and would do something about this matter or more people will be affected and would be fatal to users.
@sedel1027 (17874)
• United States
25 Sep 09
I sort of recall a news article, this was months ago, abotu some people dying from using henna. I want to say it was because the dye wasn't pure and it contained lead. So they ultimately die of lead poisoning. I have also heard of people getting henna done and having severe allergic reactions to the dye.