A City Soundtrack

Do you think that a soundtrack within the city environment would be beneficial for the citizens? If today, your city built speakers on all mjaor streets and played music, any genre (within reason); would you be happy? I personally think that music adds a feeling to whatever you're doing, and certain music motivates different actions. When I work, I listen to progressive trance as I personally find it to be relaxing, and it helps me gather my thoughts together in a beat. That aside, do you believe that citizen morale and overall productivity would be affected? Or even just your personal satisfaction? Tell me what you think! :D I think it's a great idea! :P
@Trensue (5253)
The idea has merit. Who would choose the music? Would white noise actually work better? Because I don't live in a city I hear "more" when I am there and don't know if that would be more noise. Has anyone done any research on the idea? I think that would truly be interesting. I see people with their ipods and wonder if they are just leaving society too much. I don't use mine often, but I don't have to.
Yea it would be a good sociological study wouldn't it? I mean, music helps me gather my thoughts and it makes me feel like i'm a part of something when i'm moving especially. Maybe it will make people happier? You're right though, no matter what kind of music; there will be a critic.