Letting "criticisms" and "praises" control our lives...

@manong05 (5029)
One behavioral expert once said, he found it interesting that many people allow praises and criticisms of other people control the way they run their lives. They feel bad when criticised, the next hour, the attitude turns 360 degrees when praised. From sadness they suddenly jump like a headless chicken in joy. These people tend to be men-pleasers. They always ask themselves...what will people think? rather than... Is this the right thing to do? People's opinions and reactions are no doubt important but not to the point of letting them run our lives. Any practical observation? How well do you handle praises and criticisms?
@dlr297 (5418)
When someone praises me for something that i have done it always makes me feel good inside. When someone criticizes something that i have done, i do not get upset, or hurt by it. But it does make me think about it and i decide for my self if it was something that was right for me. or if i should let it change the way i feel about what i did. But i always make up my own mind. and i do not do things because of the way that someone else thinks about it.
@manong05 (5029)
Yes, criticisms can always work both ways. It the criticism is right, it can help us. If it is wrong, we can help the person. cheers!