Learning scientific names give enjoyment to the students

Scientific names are two words derived from the genus and species.Plants and animals have a unique scientific name depending in the genus and species they belong. Most of the students studying biology enjoy learning scientific names. Even though some of the scientific names are difficult to memorize and read, still the words used are very unique. Through scientific names, the students feel that they are aware in their environment as well as they feel that they are starting to be globally competitive individuals. The following are some of the scientific names: 1. Whale shark (world's largest fish):Rhinocodon typus 2. Giant manta ray (worlds largest ray): Manta birostrus 3. Leather black turtle ( largest of all sea turtles): Dermochyls coracea 4. Boring clam (smallest giant clam): Tridacna crocea 5. Large flying fox ( largest bat in the world): Pteropus vampyrus
@manong05 (5029)
yes I enjoy that too in my high school days long long time ago. Most of the ones I learned were forgotten except for 2 that I can still recall. bitter gourd is momordica charantia and the one for bamboo is bambosa espinosa, I hope my memory serves me right. LOL