How you deal with somebody else suffering?How you will help him?

Romania
I know somebody who really need my help just because she is in a bad time in shed life, she lose so many in short time, and i am afraid that she is in depression...how i can help this person? Ho i can make she feel and think positively, after she lose so many in shes life? I must talk with she...but how? How i can make this person to feel better, how i can make she to be more optimistick in a hard situation in shes life? How do you deal with somebody who you love, and need your help in bad situations, in shes life?
@pp_earn (210)
I think giving a lot of time and sharing positive thoughts are most helpful in decreasing suffering.If you sit with the person for sometime, talk to him softly and nicely with soothing words of kindness and make the person feel better through your deeds like arranging lunch or dinner for him in times of trouble, tell him or her not to worry and show your soothing presence ,definitely it will work....
• Thailand
I don't know about dealing them but there are many ways that you can help them. You can either donate money if you are rich and they are in need of medical attention, or just by guiding them to the way of happiness. How to make someone feel better when she/he has lost someone is hard though, time seems to help, but usually he or she has to think on their own. There is no point of feeling bad since you cannot do nothing about it. Just think to the future.
@mrfdg1972 (3238)
Are you familiar with the saying Every dark cloud has a silver lining, or People are given hardships to make them more stronger, Everybody fall down, what's important is how you rise up and proceed with life's challenges.