How often do you light your fireplace

As I sit here watching the fire in my fireplace (Side note: this is the first time in my life I have every lived in a home with a fireplace) this is the second fire this season I have built. I was just wondering a couple of things. 1.) How often do you burn a fire in your fireplace? 2.) And what is your reason for burning the fire a.) warmth b.) to watch c.) or both I have mine gone right now for both. We are trying to not start using the gas heat till we absolutely have too, but I am also finding it is very relaxing to sit her and watch the logs burn
@Trensue (5253)
It is our only heat downstairs. We get heated up more than once because cutting all that fire wood warms one up. I find it relaxing and we used it every morning. It is cool here even in the summer in the mornings, and to be honest my husband is a wimp! He hates the cold. We treat pine cones to burn some exciting colors when we have company hanging out with us. That is fun to watch.
My sister only has a wood stove to heat her house and it is amazing how well it keeps them warm. I had heard of people having special treated pine cones that they use in their fireplace. I saw some at the store but they were alot more than I cared to spend. How do you treat them yourself.
@Trensue (5253)
They are very inexpensive to make. We learned in chemistry. I will get the link and post it for you.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
We have a portable one in our den area downstairs. I bought it for my hubby last year for Christmas. We have lit it 2 times so far. It is nice for a bit of atmosphere and romance. Upstairs, we cheat. We have a dvd with several different choices of fireplaces to look at. It plays music with each. Just right when you are in the mood for it.
You have a portable one does it burn wood or is it electric? I have never gotten excited about watching fireplaces on TV, even when I didn't have a fireplace. I have a bunch of friends who also have a DVD with Fireplaces on them and they love them, but for me I really like the real thing