How do you get followers?

@olisaur (1932)
Do you like to use twitter? How many followers do you have? And are they people you actually know, or just "cyber friends"? I have a twitter account and I love it, because my tweets can be synced to facebook and myspace. Most of my friends are just on facebook, and don;t have a twitter though. My followers fluctuate from 9-15 on twitter, and none of them are people I know in person. I like to follow my favorite bands on twitter- they post a lot of good things, like sales on their merchandise, tour announcements and news about upcoming albums and stuff.
@lillake (1634)
I have about 1800 followers. I got them by just being myself, chatting with others, sharing my opinion, and joining in twitter chats.
@olisaur (1932)
whoa! That's a lot, lol. w
@lillake (1634)
Its not really much when compared to the people who have 20,000+ There's no special chat, just groups that get together to discuss select topics using a specific hashtag. You can follow with the search or a filter such as Tweetgrid. Example, tonight there will be a chat on healthy eating. People chatting add #realfood to their tweets. You can follow/join the discussion using #realfood A great way to meet new people and get more followers.
@olisaur (1932)
oh, I know hash-tagging. I do that a lot. ^-^
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
i am not sure if i like using twitter..it's hard to get people to follow me....i don't know what i can do to get followers...anyway it's not much of a big issue to me cause i only sign up few weeks back so i guess it takes time to get followers.right now i only have 3 followers.and i need at lease 100 for online benefits...the people that is following i do not know them in person..just people online.how does Facebook link with twitter?