My Review of Blistex Intensive Moisturiser Hydrate

@donna22 (1120)
I've always used lip balms since I was a teenager to stop my lips from becoming dry and cracked, Lately however they had been really bad and normal lip balms weren't helping much so I decided I needed something more intense. I went to Superdrug and saw some Blistex products. I decided the Blistex Intensive Moisturiser Hydrate cream looked the most like what I wanted. Packaging The tube itself comes in a small card box which is attached to a larger piece of card. On here is a pair of pink lips which look wet and dewy. Personally I think there is too much packaging. Especially as the tube itself is rather small. Of course you can recycle the card. The tube is 10 ml . Despite this not sounding much I have found that less is more when it comes to this product. How to Apply There is a slanted applicator on the end of the tube (like the ones found on a lot of lip glosses) and you squeeze a little of the cream out and use the applicator to rub it into your lips. Because the cream is white you do have to be careful not to apply to much because it does make your lips white if you do this. I've found that just a small bit is enough to moisturise my lips. Taste/Flavour Obviously because this goes on your lips you will be able to taste it. It is easy to find lip balsm flavoured like things you like such as strawberry, coconut etc but what this cream? It has a slight minty taste and my lips feel tingly when I first put it on. Opinion I have found that this cream does help my lips a lot more than a normal lip balm in this cold weather. I also like that it is small and easy to carry around. It also has an SPF factor 10 in it so I will be very useful during the summer as well.
@Bethany1202 (3432)
Great review. I prefer minty or medicated lip balms, myself. My favorite is Merry Hempsters lip balm in spearmint or peppermint. They all have SPF in them as well.