No crib for a bed

I have heard to many times on the news about people who don't have cribs for their babies and then while sleeping with the babies they roll over them,smothering them!I know alot of parents sleep with their babies in their beds and there is no problem! What gets me the most is the babies who are getting smothered are sleeping on a couch with a relative when this happens! I know alot of these people can but don't buy a crib! If a crib would be bought there would be less infant deaths! These babies don't even get a chance in life because someone is being careless and stupid! Hopefully with more warnings we will hear less about this!
I heard on the news about a woman tow blocks from my house. She slept in a bed with her 5 month old and smothered him. She was not jailed for it due to it being an accident.
I hear so many parents who smother their children in bed don't get charged at all! The police usually rule it an accident and the parents get off! That is not right! All parents who sleep with thier children and smother them need to be arrested and serve time! otherwise they are getting away with muder!
It is technically legal for an infant to sleep in a dresser drawer until she is too big for her. I rather clean out a drawer out, and let the baby sleep there, than sleep with the baby on a couch. Also, some parents just aren't fit to be parents. I think if you are pregnant with your first child that you should be required by law to take a few parenting classes.
You are right parents need parenting classes andit should be a law for it!
@donsky14 (5963)
Well if a person knows that s/he can't control his/her movement when asleep then you know, get a crib! Don't risk your babies life because of it.