Can A British Lady Help Me Out With A Medical Question?

@Janey1966 (24126)
Carlisle, England
January 6, 2010 9:30am CST
I am hoping there are Brits out there that can help me with a problem I have. To put it bluntly, I have a problem with my periods being rather erratic (more of a nuisance than a hindrance but they do drag on at times) and my weight gain is getting silly. I used to be a size 16 for quite some time but am now an 18...soon to be a size 20 if this carries on. Last summer I did have a blood test to see if I had a hormonal imbalance and I was disappointed to learn that I did I couldn't go on the HRT. I came off the Pill years ago and am 43 so maybe I'm too young to go on HRT, anybody that young on it by any chance? The only other thing I can think of is that I may have an under-active thyroid gland and I know that I would need a blood test to determine if that is the case. If that isn't the problem then the weight gain will have to be got rid of by more exercise, etc. However, the menstrual problem would still not be resolved would it if my thyroid gland was normal. I'm really confused about the whole thing and any advice would be gratefully received.
1 person likes this
No responses