Do Animals Pass On To Heaven?

@jambi462 (4598)
Hey everyone, this has been riddling my mind for a while now. I know that each religion is different and that each one believes in different things. I was wondering if animals pass on to heaven or not? I've read about some religions that don't believe that. I really hope they aren't right because I have a bunch of animals that I love very much and I feel as if heaven wouldn't be complete without them. I also find it sad that most animals don't have anywhere near our lifespan. So if you could share some of your thoughts on this or beliefs it would be nice to see what you all think? Group discussions seem to help come up with good theories.
I have a sweet cat named lion here with me. I would only hope he makes it to heaven with me. if not for myself for my daughter. I would not want to think they just pass on and go no where. But,as many spirits I have seen in my life. None were in the form of an animal. So that may be saying alot.
@jambi462 (4598)
I can only hope so as well. I have a friend that said one of his spirit guides came to him in the shape of a couple of animals all combined into one being.
I have heard of people seeing spirits of anamals.
@jkcokley (267)
I believe that all god's creatations go to heaven. It would be foolish of me to believe that we go to heaven but the other creatures god created didn't. Yes, all animals go to heaven. Can you imagen the the creatures in heaven. I mean think about it. You get to the pearl gate an a dinasor walks by. Wow - how cool would that be.
I fully expect to see all my labs when I get there. That is I pray I get there and God forgives me my silly human ways! I did have one boxer for a short time and I hope she is there too. Our time together was way too short.
@hirumon (90)
I haven't thought about this topic till i read the book "Man-eaters of Kumaon" by famed hunter turned conservator Jim Corbett. In the book he tells the story of his hunting companion spaniel dog Robin. At the end he says that "i have told you the story , and while i have been telling it, Robin, the biggest-hearted and most faithful friend man ever had, has gone to the Happy hunting grounds, where i know i shall find him waiting for me" This happy hunting ground was his vision of heaven as he was a hunter. I reaaly really liked this vision and now me too believe in this..There is a heaven and all animals pass on there..
@JenInTN (27565)
I would like to think that there is a place for them too. Some of them seem to have so much personality that it would be hard to think that it just goes away. I hope my itty bitty teeny weeny has a place there.