Cotton Candy or Candy Floss - Which name to you Prefer?

@donna22 (1120)
February 13, 2010 6:24am CST
Here in the UK, cotton candy is actually called candy floss. Which name do you think is best? I actaully think I prefer the American version because it is more "cottony" than "flossy" lol but I still carry on calling it candy floss because Im used to it like that.
3 responses
• United States
20 Jul 10
cotton candy :P cotton floss just makes me think about the dentist and then i don't feel like having it anymore.
@MrKennedy (1994)
13 Feb 10
Because I am a Brit, I've always only ever known it to be Candy Floss. And yes, I also agree that it is far more of a cotton appearance and texture of a flossy one (when I think of floss, I think of the dental wire used to clean between one's teeth), but regional dialect has meant that I will call it Candy Floss regardless
• United States
13 Feb 10
Thank you for the geography lesson. I have only known it by cotton candy and never knew it was called candy floss.