Should She Give Him A Chance?

I have a friend who is a very sweet girl. Ever since our junior year in highschool she has had this one guy constantly trying to get her attention. He was the school's geek- not smart, socially awkard, srawny, annoying voice, etc. She finally let him take her to prom, which turned out to be a disaster since his car got towed and they spent the night trying to get his car back. Anyway, flashforward to today, he is still trying to get my friend's attention. She's told him that they can be friends and that's all, but he's still trying to be more. I haven't seen him in years so I can't say how he is now- if he's changed or anything- but he is determined and I'm wondering if she should give him a chance? Maybe she is so caught up in how he was in high school, that she can't tell if he's changed. Then again, if she is not attracted to him at all, maybe she should keep the whole "friends only" vibe between them.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
I think it shouldn't matter the guy was socially awkward, nerdy, or scrawny. People change with time, and grow. Yet these qualities are nothing to be looked down at, for I bet there are plenty of qualities she has, too, that could be socially awkward that she keeps more hidden? I am sorry that prom night turned out to be a disaster, too. It happens, but is not the end of thr world, right? Sometimes first impressions can be off, too, for I bet the guy has many qualities, in addition to the ones already mentioned. Yet maybe if the girl has already told him they can only be friends years later, maybe the guy should move forward? Otherwise, it could be an unhealthy to obsess over one girl, especially when she's already told him they can only be friends? On the other hand, if the guy is persistent and really adores her, I say keep trying! Love is always worth the time and effort! You never know, it may pay off someday. Yet in the meantime, tell your friend to keep his eyes open for other fish in the sea. This is a tricky situation, and if the girl and the guy are only friends, the guy should maybe just accept that something is better than nothing. Maybe he should just try being her friend, first, and see where that goes?
@choybel (5059)
Passed is past, that's my version of the line. I'd say give the guy a chance. Maybe he wants to make up for the previous disaster. Who knows, things could turn up all right, and besides, she all grown up now, I believe she knows when things are going the wrong way and then she could just break up and let go. If it seems like a good opportunity and if she believes that a person can truly change, then give it a shot.
Why not give him the chance i mean what harm could it do lets say she gives him a chance and it goes wrong again she is only giving him a second chance not a lifetime commitment and they might end up getting on really well. As for the prom night incident that can`t be held against him forever get your friend to put herself in his shoes you have liked someone for so long and then you finally get a chance think how nervous the poor guy must have been which would prob explain why it ended up a disaster. Give him a chance she may be pleasently surprised
@yresh12 (3222)
I think she should give him a chance. It's not a bad idea... if she's single and he's single go to the flow...see what's gonna happen youll never know what's gonna happen. It might be the least that you expected for. Tell you friend good luck!!
@mikmoken (162)
Hi vjenkins86, Just listen first to the other side. If it is necessary to give a chance why not? anyways it depends upon the situation.