Is Berlusconi a danger to democracy and media freedom?

Italy
Berlusconi is a mistery to me. Italian people voted for him repeatedly in these last 16 years... Can you explain me why they did it?
@carmencar (111)
Absolutly!!!! This man is a disgrace to our country and for democracy! He's a person who looks to his interests by putting the real needs of its people. The Italians voted yet him ...But I don't understand why! Why not try to give space to others? Maybe they could surprise us!
@mysdianait (63977)
Maybe because there was no alternative?
Di Pietro's Italia dei Valori party seems a valid alternative. But also the democratics aren't so bad compared to Berlusconi's PDL!
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
Di Pietro was the only valid alternative in my opinion. Still, anyone (and anything ) is better than Berlusconi.. the more I look at him and what he's done -and is still doing- the more I find him to be similar to Mussolini and schifezze like him..
@Matpunk85 (1066)
It's sad! Italians are like idiots...they don't realise what it's happening. We have a pedophile president that control everything and now he wants even speaks without been intercepted so he can do bad thinks freely. Italians wake up!