The Biggest Loser: good for the body or just good television?

What do you guys think of the show the biggest loser? Is it honestly that healthy to lose weight that quickly? Is it the only way to go or does it overly put stress on the internal system of the body? The show is good for television as it depicts morbidly obese Americans striving to change their lives. The show is very emotional and I highly recommend it. This question stemmed from when I brought up the good qualities to a friend of mine who argued that it is degrading to watch these morbidly obese people be yelled at and pushed to the extreme. I figure that it is about time someone help them get their life back. I myself am getting overweight, due to the fact that I love to eat. Being an ex-cross country member I was able to eat anything and still stay fit by working out. To truly be healthy is still to follow the food pyramid(google if don't know) and have a balanced while continuing to exercise. Exercise is the biggest element to staying healthy and staying alive.
I wish I went on the show before I had gastric bypass. But I look so good right now I can't complain. The fact that they are working out and losing it is great. Losing it my way is not the best way. They will be in better shap when it is all done with. Thy hav trainers there who are there to push them to do their best. It could not work without the pushing from the trainers. Th members don't hate the trainers at all. They are very pleased with the results. The show is great for tv as it shows real people who are big getting fit. Showing that anyone can do it with hard work as well.
I am glad you are more healthy. I hope that this show inspires you to maintain your physique. I envy those on the show and I have my own favorite on who I want to win. Have you been watching this season? I am going for the Tongans to win, specifically Sam, as he seems to be the hardest worker there. Bob and Jillian are the craziest trainers ever, as in they push the contestants beyond their capabilities. This season a few of the members had a problem with Jillian because she is straight up and hardcore.
I've been looking to lose some weight myself. It's crazy, I woke up one day and there it was an extra 50 pounds. No, I'm not crazy I know it didn't happen over night but it sure seemed like it. I am 25 and have always been skinny. When you are young some people just have the metabolism and can eat and eat. That was me but boy did the late nights out at the bars and the drinking and the eating at 3 in the morning and no exercise catch up to me. I got a gym membership and don't go as often as I would like too, and I also got the Wii - there are 2 games I was contemplating getting for weight loss. One is as you mentioned the biggest loser and the other is the wii fit - which one is better?
I would look at reviews for each game. Personally I feel that everyone has wii fit, so I would get the biggest loser game, as I'm assuming it is similar to videos that they have. I have no knowledge on either game, so this is just from my limited speculation. Make sure to just search up both games and see what people say about them. Good luck losing weight. I gained like 10 pounds from stressing out from finals and not taking care of my health. This next school quarter I'm gonna put the pedal to the medal and get sexy again. Okay Chris good luck with your video games.
@lilaclady (28270)
I am not so sure losing weight that quick is all that good, I see some of those people actually being sick, this cant be good...I personally love the show and have learnt a lot but I do think they push them too hard, I know I wouldn't last if I was in there.....
Are you an overweight person as well? I think it would be fun and a dream come true to push myself to the very edge of my abilities, unfortunately I am unable to perform to my full potential because I have incurred an eye injury when I was younger which has always prevented me from doing contact sports and probably activities that are too strenuous. I love working out and these people on the show just motivate me because if they can do it I can do it too. Sometimes it is just that extra push that some people need to go above and beyond their needs. I just feel that the people who are in pain are taken out and taken care of. The end of the show always has a note that the people on the show are supervised by experts.