Teach English as 2nd Language.

March 24, 2010 12:19pm CST
I want to be able to teach english as a second language overseas while I travel. Im a Canadian citizen and would prefer to do my schooling here. Do I have to get a bachelor in English or in English as a second language and where do I get my teachers degree? HELP PEASE FELLOW MYLOTTERS! What do I need to do?!
1 response
@p3ks626 (6550)
• Philippines
25 Mar 10
There are a lot of ESL jobs in the world. I think its even an advantage in your part cause you are a canadian and there are a lot of people looking for native speakers who can teach them English. I am an online English teacher and I teach ESL to Koreans. I have my bachelor degree already and its not English but I was still able to teach ESL. I know some sites looking for native speakers to teach ESL to students. In my case, I am looking for students whom I can teach so they can pay me directly without going through a company. That way, your going to earn more money and have to work for lesser number of hours.