can two people be much alike that they don't get along

I wonder if it's possible for two people to be so much like each other although they are completey different indiviuals that they dont get along. I am finding it to be very true especially with myself and my oldest daughter I know she is her own little person and she is learning to be an indiviual but I see a lot of myself in her so much so that I think that's why we haven't been seeing eye to eye lately on things it's like if I say night she has to say day it's never ending. She is very quickly approaching the pre-teen stage she just turned 9 so I am pretty sure some of that has something to do with it. one thing in particular is that I have a tendency of staying up late at night I can easily stay up till 2 or 3 in the morning. I have a very hard time sleeping ever since I was little I was like that and my daughter is like that too she wants to stay up till 12 or 1 in the morning it's a fight every night to get her to go to bed at a descent hour. On the weekends I really don't care but through the week yes she needs her sleep so she can do well in school. I try to explain this to her but she doesnt seem to get it.
@erikmama (12935)
I think it is very uch possible for two people to be so much a like that they do not get along. Sounds like that is the case with you and your daughter. My mom and i dont get along that well either, and although I dont see it, everyone says we are just alike. My ex and his mom do not get along, and they are alike. Even though we are individual people there are still those genes running strons inside of us! I hope the situation improves between you two! You only live once!