Changed travel plans

@maximax8 (28558)
United Kingdom
April 19, 2010 5:09am CST
When I booked a flight to Mexico in 2005 it was canceled due to a hurricane hitting the Mexican Coast. Cancun Airport closed so I got my money back for that flight. I had to choose where to go instead very quickly and went to the Maldives. I hadn't had much time to read up on my destination. My flight was nice and cheap but when I got there it was expensive. I booked a flight to Halifax in Canada but it was canceled due to the travel firm going down. So instead I decided to go to Vancouver. I know that the airline I will be going on has had strikes. This month volcanoes have erupted and so many flights across Europe have been canceled. I will carry on hoping I will be able to fly off on my trip to Vancouver in June. If the airline cancel my flight I will still make sure I go off traveling by train this summer. If they cancel it I will go off on a train around Europe. Then I would be able to show my toddler son and baby daughter some to the sights of Europe. I will keep hoping that all will be well and I will be able to fly on to Canada. I sure wouldn't be able to travel from England to Canada by train! Have you ever had to change your travel plans? Have you ever felt worried about whether your booked flight would take place?
2 people like this
3 responses
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
19 Apr 10
I had to cancel my travel twice at the last minute. I had in mind to travel to Rekyjavik and there was no direct flight to and fro my country. Thus I had to cancel my plans as I wished to watch my local team play abroad in a UEFA European competition. A year later they were playing against a Russian team but due to the 9/11 the match was postponed and thus I had to cancel. I could not make it a week later.
1 person likes this
@AmbiePam (50100)
• United States
19 Apr 10
I can't imagine how much trouble the effects of the volcano has had on people. I don't travel overseas, so I haven't had to be inconvenienced.
19 Apr 10
I have the same problem this summer - myself and my mum have booked to go to Cuba for a week in June but, we are now unsure if it is going to happen. I really hope so but, of course if it has to be cancelled then there is not much can be done really is there! If we do have to cancel I think we will just rebook to go in November instead as orginally that was when we were going but, it is just a shame as we had started to look forward to it now! I hope all your plans work out for you as I know you like to travel just as much as I do! : )