Abusive Relationships-What to do?

United States
April 22, 2010 7:40am CST
How do you deal with a person who mentally and physically abusive and controlling?
2 responses
@skaterx (530)
• Finland
1 Jun 10
GET AWAY FROM THEM FAST! You can't change people like that. They are the only ones that can change themselves, but don't count on it. If they act nice to you again, it might be another lure to get you back into the same abusive patterns. If you feel they are abusive and controlling, that's enough. You don't have to let them explain why they do it, the excuses they give are another way to make them feel like they've been let off the hook. Good friends and partners NEVER abuse you.
@ada8may21 (2419)
• Philippines
22 Apr 10
If I am in abusive relationship physically and mentally. The only way I need to do is to get out in that relationship and to end the relationship right away. I could not let anyone hurt me physically. Its already degrading for me as a human being and dignity as a woman. Physically abuse is not allowable in our law, we could sometimes file a case for that person. I guess only if you are woman. But I dont know if the man is the on who is physically abuse.