What are You Doing to Make Extra Money While the Economy is Going South?

This might be old news, but I am one who still suffers from the bad economic times. I am trying everything and anything under the sun to make extra money outside of my full-time job. I have been doing internet marketing, traffic exchanges to get my website noticed, free-lance writing and photography. The photography end of things has not produced any income for me, but I am working on that part. It appears that during these trying economic times, we need to go out and find our perfect niche to earn some extra income. Being near middle-aged and trying to find the right full-time, every two week paycheck that is meaningful is getting harder and harder these days. Do you agree or disagree that it would take a niche for your to become self-employed to make it these days?
@CatGods (4595)
Yes in some ways it is harder to make money these days, but it forces us to be more creative and to think outside of the box. I see that you do a car show. I've got some OEM 93-02 camero T-top sun shade covers new never used that I'm looking for a buyer for. Maybe you know of some one?