Being Too Honest

I'm sure most people will agree that honesty is a very important part of being in a stable, long-term relationship. Secrets usually have a way of biting you in @ss later on in life. I love the saying "you can either save face or your @ss" but never both at the same time. However, do you believe that you can be too honest in a relationship- tell too much detail that it will hurt the other person? Where do you draw the line?
I have been very honest with my partner ever since we started a relationship. At times, I know that the truth might hurt him but I would rather deal on that rather than he will hear it from somebody else. It's not really saving your @ss but staying true to your partner if you really value, respect and love the relationship that you are both sharing.
I totally agree with you on this. I am that person your speaking about. I am brutally honest to a fault. I wish sometimes I could keep my big mouth shut. I often wish I could lie as well.