affiliate,what is it and how does it work

@doormouse (4619)
i've been reading as lot about affiliate things on mylot lately,but what exactly is that and how does it work,because i don't want to start something that'a not going to be worth my while doing,lots of people on here say that they can earn a few quid/dollars a month from it,but i don't understand what it's all about
@tap0991 (2767)
affiliate business is basically you guiding people to companies, where they would buy something, and you get a cut out of the profit as a thanks for sending us a customer from the company.
@doormouse (4619)
nice reply,basic and straight to the point,just the way i like it
@tap0991 (2767)
its what an answer should be
Affiliate marketing can be you promoting a page that tells something about a product, it will have your affiliate number or name, so if someone buys you get a percentage of the sale. I can't really say its great because I tried doing that through a few places and I have to say after 2 years I still have not made a single penny.
@doormouse (4619)
don't worry your time will come to make money,just take a look at some of my other replies,there's a few mylotters that have made money from this,just hang in there
@monouu (2612)
It is all about selling, recruiting. You help to sell other people product or recruit people, in return you get certain percentage of the deal made. If you're a skillful seller/recruiter then yes you can earn a lot, there're people who just live on affiliate marketing but I must tell you it is not that easy to be successful.
@doormouse (4619)
i have all the time in the world,i'm unable to work due to illness and i want something to do during the day that's interesting and will keep me occupied,but the only problem is,is that i've no idea what i'm doing,i wouldn't even know where to start with affiliate work