My boyfriend doesn't touch and kiss me like he used to, why???????

Me and my boyfriend have been together for three years now and I feel like we are farther apart now than we were when we met. He used to grab me in his arms and kiss me like there was no tomorrow, and he used to hold me in his arms. As a matter of fact when we went to bed at night he would get upset if I didnt face him and snuggle up with him, now he doesn't touch me when we are sleeping much less kiss me goodnight unless he is after something else. Why has he changed so much in the affection department. Me and him have been through alot together and made it this far but how much more of this can I take. I mean I have to pry the words "I LOVE YOU" out of his mouth with a crowbar these days. He has alot going on in his life right now and I understand that but I do too and I would like to feel that he still cares! Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to make him touch me without having to ask for it?