Preparing for mother hood

new mom - Being a new mom is a full time job.
I am 31 and I would like to have a child. But I have been told by my best friend to physically prepare. Is common to have post depression after your first child? Any real advice?
@marianne87 (3526)
Having a child is a huge life change. Its a good idea to make sure you're healthy before getting pregnant, but its also important that you can provide a stable environment and can afford to support your baby. Post natal depression is quite common but not usually serious, I had it with both of mine and came out of it fine :) As someone said above, third day blues affects a lot of women, its perfectly normal to start crying a few days after the birth for no apparent reason but this is just your hormones adjusting again. Good luck :)
@icegermany (2524)
going to be a mother is really a different feeling and this feeling is the god´s blessing i feel. its a feeling of happiness, i know there are difficulties when you become a mother and also lot of pain and even we need to give up a few things which we like to do it but then too it is worth it. yes after delivery even the body structure changes and dont remain like before but then too it doesnt matter but we can try to maintain it. i think there should not be a depression but parental life needs more of work, and patience.
hello good day. what your friend asked is a real one. so better you prepare physically