How old is "too old" for long hair?

I am in my forties and have hair down past my rear. I've been told by others (names withheld to protect the guilty) that I should get it cut now that I'm getting older. (I keep it in one long braid) I don't have any gray, don't dye it, perm it etc. It's very healthy, so I don't think it looks bad at all. Just wanted to get some feedback on this topic. (I'm not going to cut it )
@hereandthere (31018)
i like long braids but seldom see it. it's very feminine, even if i myself always have and prefer short hair. if you say it's healthy and it's not all over the place since it's in a braid, and it doesn't impede your daily activities, then don't cut it. or if you want to experiment, then trim it a little, say waist-length, for a start.
Wow this post is from years ago. I do still have my long hair too.
@o0jopak0o (6408)
well i dont think that age is a reason to shorten your hair. If you think that it defines you why cut it?
Keep it as long and healthy trimmed as possible, I am a firm believer in length and strength and of course it keeps my neurological health, in the best shape !
age doesn't matter if it looks good on you. stylists however expressed that as somebody gets older long hair can drag the face down. jen aniston is in her forties and she looks great with long hair, i can't really picture her with short hair. just go with what you feel is right.
@sallyj (1228)
I would think that would be up to you. It sound pretty, clean, healthy. I wear mine short but that is me.