How To Let Go of Someone You Still Love

Hi mylotters...How do you let go of someone you still love? My friend is having this problem and I want to ask your opinions about this so that I can tell it to her. Her BF recently broke up with her and told her that the feeling is not there anymore (he's no longer inloved with her in other words) so it's better to let go of one another (on the guy's part). My friend still loves him and wants to get him back even though she agreed to let him go. Please help me help my friend because she's really hurting a lot. What do I have to tell her?
@kimsoy (39)
For you to move on with a past relationship is find someone new. I think you can help your friend by helping her explore the outside world. I mean there are a lot of guys out there who are better and very available. I think the problem with your friend is that her world is too small that she can't live without her past BF. Invite her to go out.. go shopping, meet new friends, etc. So that the pain can be diverted.
Hi there...You're right that she built her world around her EX. He's everything to her and now that he's gone, she doesn't know how to cope up with life again. I've tried what you've advised but still, she's moping around and not willing to go out with other guys...She says she is still hurting and the more she sees a happy couple, the more she hurts while she remembers her EX. I tried dragging her to shopping sprees and watching funny movies to cheer her up, but to no avail...(sigh). I just really hope she gets over him quickly because it's affected her physically, emotionally, and socially. Thanks again for responding.
This is just what happened in my life recently. Not exactly thought but about the same. Tim and I recently broke up. He was mad that I went out one night. Mind you the first time I spent the night out or went out in years. So he text me a nasty message and in it he said he was done with me and that I played myself. So from that text forward. I chose to let it be over being he will never get a second chance to be mad at me for living my life. I stopped calling and texting him even though he is now text me back and forth. I don't want to be his enemy or anything. I just want o get over him with piece in my life. Tell your friend to remove his number from her phone. Stop taking any and all texts and move on with her life. Better is out there for the taking. She will be just fine shortly. I am doing great and the man I am with is a thousand times better in bed as well.
Thanks for your advice. I really wanted her to recover from that relationship and I really think she's better off without him because she's losing her own identity by always deferring to his wishes. I'm glad that you've recovered enough to move on and now, you've got a man so much better than the last one. I hope she finds a better man too. Meanwhile, I think I'll just stick with her and cheer her up. Thanks again...c")