Help me write his letter

@vjsinduja (1035)
Sri Lanka
July 4, 2010 11:18am CST
My dad a has saving account. Due to regular Telemarketing trouble from the at back to take a credit card. he too took one.. But he never used the credit for any purpose.. It has been a year.. and he hasn't used for any reason.. But the bank has cut off some cash as a annual fee. Now my dad decided to terminate his credit card.. So he has to give a letter to that bank saying that he wants to cancel his credit card for his saving account.. Can u somebody tell me how to write this letter to the baank asking to cancel this credit.... what should be the title of the letter and the body section .. Please help me out...
1 person likes this
3 responses
@mjsdls (1840)
• United States
4 Jul 10
I'll do some research on this matter tonight and give a better reply.
@vjsinduja (1035)
• Sri Lanka
4 Jul 10
Thanks alot!
@skysuccess (8882)
• Singapore
5 Jul 10
vjsinduja, Doesn't your dad's bank allow card holders to cancel their account over the phone or their official website? Even the lack of phone or internet banking facility, I deem that a simple letter of notification of intent and enclosing the card (cut into halves) in their self addressed envelops would have sufficed. Lest you are seeking a re-credit of the deducted amount in your dad's account, I think taking the above steps should really suffice and met with appropriate follow ups. Correct me if I am wrong here.
@LeeHolt (436)
4 Jul 10
Maybe it would be better to go into the local branch and speak to an advisor? It is possible that they can work out some sort of deal and maybe cancel of that monthly fee, seeing as he isn't using it at all. Or if they don't have a local branch, perhaps give them a call? Would be so much easier than a letter, as a letter may get lost and could take days to get a reply. Phone or face-to-face would be some much quicker and easier :) Lee.