Writing

I use to write in cursive from 2nd grade to third year in high school. When we move here in US, I started writing in print again then after a while I have totally forgotten how to write in cursive. I think not using your skills for a long while makes you lose some of it. I took ACT test and there is a writing in cursive portion, I totally messed it up, guessing the write letter translation in cursive. I felt like crap after that. Should I relearn cursive writing? Why is there such thing as a cursive writing anyway?
@megamatt (14331)
I think I still do know how to write cursive but its been many, many, many years since I did it. My writing was never the best to begin with and it was always a bit awkward to say the least. I can only imagine what it looks like these days. About the only cursive that I do is signing my name. That is about the extent and everything else is buried in the back of my mind. I think it would be something to know but really in this computer age, how much are we going to use that past school? Most people I know do not really use cursive that much to begin with and if they do write on paper, it is printing. I think there was a certain point in school where our teachers did not really care. As long as they could read our writing, then it did not matter if it was in cursive or printing. Of course, I do wonder if we're going to see cursive being something that is a bit of a lost language over the years.
@nxwkev (244)
I think you should because it is better to know more than to know less. It may come useful someday.