Rice cooker or stove top?

We have a rice cooker so we use it because it is convenient. How do you cook your plain rice? I wash it first until the water is not very cloudy anymore, then I measure the depth of rice using my finger and then I add water to about 60 percent of the depth of rice from the top of the rice.
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, I always use rice cooker to cook rice. It is more convenience, as I just wash the rice and put it inside the slow cooker, set it to "cook" mode and it will keep warm by itself once the rice is cooked. So simple. There was once when my rice cooker is spoilt and lucky my mother is around,so she taught me to cook like by steaming process on stove top. Actually pretty simple,but I have to make sure there is enough water for the steaming process.
We always use the rice cooker to make the rice. It is easy and convenient. Here most families have rice cooker but not every family has the stove top. Besides, it seems the electricity fee is cheaper than the gas fee. I love China
@arahvma23 (269)
For rice, yes, I'd still prefer to have rice cooker. It is sooo convenient... By the way, you don't have to overdo the washing of rice because it takes off all the nutrients in it... twice is enough even if the water is still cloudy...
I use the rice cooker as I really have no time to cook over the gas stove. I use this as measurement, one cup of water for every cup of rice, adding one and half cup of water to make it softer, or just half a cup if you want your rice a bit tougher.
@jonnifc (1021)
We usually use a rice cooker. It's more convenient because you can just leave it to cook. But I can also cook using stove top. It just needs a little more effort. As much as possible I wash the rice only once. Then I use the dirty water to water some herbs in my garden. If the rice is dirtier, I wash it twice. No more than that. We always adjust our water everytime we use newly bought rice. Sometime it's +1, other times it's equal parts water and rice. Most dependable is measuring using your finger. Always works!
@inviteme (67)
I cooked my plain rice using stove top ( very traditional :-) ). I washed it three times and measure the water using my middle finger.