Name or Store Brand

When it comes to canned food, which do you prefer name or store brands? Do you buy for the sale price? There are a few things that I have brought that were store brand. Some things you just can't tell a difference in taste, or texture, others you can. I recently brought store brand apple sauce, just because it was 30 cents cheaper. I found it to have a funky kind of taste. It tasted like it came from a can, in which it was in a plastic bottle. Now when it comes to frozen vegetables, I will buy store brands over name brands. I don't find a difference in taste there. What are some store brand items that you buy,that taste like name brands?
@AutumnGold (1062)
Hello Plants4Me and welcome to Mylot I buy certain foods with brand names such as bread because supermarket bread is usually bad quality. I like brand name fruit juice too, pure fruit juice and not made from concentrate. I buy store brand breakfast cereals because they're much cheaper and also tinned tomatoes and baked beans which I think taste just as good and cost a fraction of the price. Sme people are too proud to buy store brands but they don't realise how good the food really is.
I apologise for my mistake, Sme should read Some
@sender621 (14956)
I don't have to be a name brand shopper at the grocery store. Store brands are jsut as good as their competitors. the price is usally better too. There is just as much quality in a store brand as you will find in a name brand. I like to pay for my product and not the name on the label.
@marianne87 (3526)
I can't afford to buy brand name products most of the time, so I buy the store's value brands. I find that some store's brands are better than others though. For example, the place where I usually do my main shop, their vegetarian mince and frozen sausage rolls aren't very nice at all, so I buy those from another local store.