How to Deal with Habitual Waking of Your Baby in The Middle of The Night

By Nic
@academic2 (7010)
Uganda
One of the trickiest problems to sort out in parenting is the baby who wakes up frequently in the night. This usually starts around six months and can leave the parents seriously exhausted and stressed up. A habitual waking happens when your baby falls asleep independently, but tends to wake up at exactly the same time night after night and needs nothing. Most cases, they just want to stare into the lights or generally nag the mother. Habitual waking is also associated with babies that wake up frequently during naps at intervals of 30 or 45 minutes. Read more here how to handle your waking child; http://healthmad.com/health/how-to-deal-with-habitual-waking-of-your-baby-in-the-middle-of-the-night/
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, It is pretty normal for baby (below 12 months old) to wake up at night, not for milk,but for playing. I remember well when My son just born and till he reached 2 months old, he likes to wake up in the middle of the night and played for about 2 hours,then only he will sleep again.It can be tiring for me,but I still have to entertain him. However, I told myself not to always hug him when he wake up,then it will be a HABIT and it will make me even tiring. The most, I will feed him so water,then follow by milk,if it is the time for him to have milk feeding. It took 2 months for him to slowly sleep more during midnight. However, he will still wake up in the middle of the night and it is for milk feeding. After drinking milk and hug for awhile, he will sleep back again. As a parent, we just need to bear with it,Nothing can be changed. Try to dim the bedroom's lights at night.
@academic2 (7010)
• Uganda
Very deep understanding of babies! You are definitely a good parent!