Just listen and whatever you do--DON'T TALK!!!

Do you know someone who talks A LOT? I know someone who talks from the moment they spot me. They randomly start talking, and talking and talking. The talking is not the problem, the problem is that they don't want any type of feedback or interruption because if you do, they completely forget what they were saying and become extremely agitated. I could deal with not saying anything but what bothers me is that this person is most of the time so frustrated to begin with. Even the pleasant stories are like forced out and rushed like as if she's about to forget what she was saying. It's a bit worrisome. Do you know anyone like that? How do you handle it?
@amoyube1980 (2233)
• Somalia
Wow! I think that person has serious issues. I know only two person who talks and talks and talks. My aunt and my mother. lol Seriously , and their stories mostly are rehashed, something they've already told me a hundred times before, sometimes even something that I myself have told them first and they begin to tell me as if it's a story fresh from them. It doesn't really annoy me because I just shake my head as if it's the first time I've heard those stories too, I don't need to add anything else, just listen to them, anyway it's not very often we see each other.
Okay, amoyube1980, you found me out! It's my mother I'm talking about! lol! I didn't want to say, but oh my goodness! I thought I was the only one with this situation! I think it's soooooo hilarious that you mentioned about rehashing the SAME story over and over again, oh my goodness! I too have listened as if for the first time but lately it's been getting a bit much. Unlike you, I see my mother often. :-) I have to prepare myself for the onslaught of stories and hope I have enough time before I have to carefully and tactfully excuse myself. It has become rather uncomfortable. She is sometimes very sensitive. She's diabetic. Anyway, thank you so much for your response, it does help to hear someone else going through this. From your perspective it sounds sooooo funny. You brought the 'funny' back into it. Thanks! ;-)
I also have this officemate and at the same time my co-member in our organization. She always do the talking and its very annoying though its pretty obvious that we are not listening.(lol).. When we discussed about work, she does'nt listen at all because she's a cumlaude, that she was a teacher of a pretigious school, that she has a masters degree and currently taking her doctoral and blah, blah, blah..She always boasts her achievements. The sad thing is she intimidate others, she always point out that she's superior beyond anyone else. In all fairness, she's really smart but she does'nt have the attitude. Somehow I felt sorry for her because people are trying to avoid her, nobody wants to work with her. How do I handle the situation when we converse? I would listen to her but couldn't promise if I absorb everyhting and when she asks for my opinion then I will talk if not then I will politely say that I have to go to cut the conversation. :)