Combined Savings or Separate?

Once you get married, what do you intend to do with your money? Will you decide on combining both your spouse's money or would you prefer to keep it separate? What is your reason for doing so?
I am not yet married but my boyfriend and I of over three and half years already talked about the future. We have a joint account and it is working out finely so if we intend to potentially get married then we will most likely combine both of your money together.
• Spain
we're not yet married but we' ve had our joint account already. i mean we started doing like this and we both have no any savings account in the bank when we first met as almost hundred percent of our earnings are being sent home you know. also, we talked about this already and we both agreed.
@Ramaditya (1227)
I prefer dividing my savings into two parts. The first one is my primary savings, that will be combined with my wife's. This will be allocated for family needs. The second one, perhaps 20% of my income, will be my personal savings used for my personal needs such as buying things for my hobby.
When I was married it was the be all that ends all. Unfortunately when the ex left he cleaned me drip dry. Although this was one of probably many cases I feel that when you have a partner, we are suppose to be one. To a certain extent. Therefore, now I live with my boyfriend and finances are separate. Some day perhaps we will jointly do some but I will still prefer each also have some separate.
@dodo19 (29197)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Although my husband and I do have our own separate accounts, we always think of it as our money. And we did open a joint savings account last march. It seemed to make a lot of sense for us to open this savings account together, especially since we think of money and a lot of other things as ours anyway. The only reason why we have our own separate accounts is to facilitate paying bills and such. Our savings account is purely for savings, and our other accounts are for everything else.
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
For now, me and my fiancee have separate savings account. I think we will keep it like that after the wedding too, at least for a while. It's not that I don't want to have a mutual savings account or anything, it's more about it not being very practical for us. I think each couple should do what suits them best when it comes to this. This works for us!
@crossbones27 (15917)
• Redlands, California
Nothing dont palnned on getting married