What will you do if you accidentally drink a liquid soap?

@Bhemzky (423)
Philippines
September 18, 2010 1:57pm CST
Its Pe├▒afrancia festival here at our place and almost all people eat a lot and drink a lot to celebrate. Good thing I never had any alcohol (beer, brandy etc) today or else I could have ended up in a hospital or worse, I could be dead. Our maid put a liquid soap on a Gatorade bottle. Since there is a Blue Gatorade I never had thought it would be liquid soap. I drank a little of it and luckily I noticed it smell like soap and hurriedly throw up. I gargle many times but I am still a little worried about it. What will you do if you were in my place?
4 responses
@petersum (4527)
• United States
18 Sep 10
Clean talk from now on! Try not to bubble in people's faces. Slide down to the doctor and offer to clean his surgery. GET A CHECK UP!
1 person likes this
• Philippines
20 Sep 10
you have to seek medical help right away, especially if you notice symptoms like dizziness, stomach ache, etc, even if you just swallowed a small amount. who knows what could be in that liquid soap, so just to make sure, have a checkup with the doctor. best of health!
@Bhemzky (423)
• Philippines
23 Sep 10
I got my check up yesterday. I think Im gonna be fine. Thanks!
@RangaGirl (103)
• Australia
20 Sep 10
That could have been nasty, Bhemzky. Good thing it was just soap and not a chemical. Since you have thrown up the soap, I'm sure you'll be fine. I would definitely drink lots of water to flush my system. Once, I swallowed a bit of petrol when I was syphoning fuel from my car to the lawnmower and sucked a bit too hard. I rang the Poisons Information Centre. I think she told me I'd be fine but to drink milk to line my stomach.
@Bhemzky (423)
• Philippines
23 Sep 10
Thats a little too scary than soap. Good for us we're fine. Thanks!
@savypat (20248)
• United States
18 Sep 10
Call poison control if it's available, but most liquid soap is not to dangerous. Surly you only took one mouth full, drink as much water as you can to clean it out so it doen't burn your insides.
@Bhemzky (423)
• Philippines
19 Sep 10
Luckily It was never that bad and I dont feel anything wrong with myself. Hope I'll be ok. Thanks.