Cloth shower curtains are best

cloth shower curtain-good - vinyl shower curtain-bad
@Nadinest1 (2042)
Vinyl shower curtains contain phthalate, a chemical that gives off gases that can irritate your respiratory system. Curtains made of nylon, cotton or polyester are healthier. Plus, they can easily be washed to remove mildew.
I want a cloth curtain now! But the trouble is that they get soaked when you take a shower and that defeats the purpose. Isn't there some sort of plastic that's not bad for you that would be better?
I guess that might work. The only trouble is that for me it is almost cheaper to buy another plastic one because it costs me to do laundry here!
I'm not sure what the fabric is on mine. I want to say polyester. All I know is that I can take it down once a week and throw it into the washer and dryer and clean it. Imagine all the germs that life on those plastic shower curtains people use all the time. I highly doubt they take them down and clean them. Plus when the plastic is heated from the water and the steam it lets off harmful chemicals like you said.