I tried a new food today, chicken liver!

@fpsninja (874)
Hey all Today i had my last exam (for the next month anyway) from uni. So as a "celebration" me and my friends decided to go to nandos. now i am a muslim,a nd so only eat halal meat. The only halal meal they had that wasnt a veggie was chicken liver. My mates offered to go elsewhere, but i said i didnt mind eatting liver if it meant being with friends. Anyway, the liver came, i tried a bit, and generally it was very nice! It was marinated very well in the peri peri sauce, it was jsut brilliant. I normally am not the biggest fan of liver (i mean, i dont mind it, i just prefer normal meat), but seriously, it was very good. Anyway, it was just interesting to try something new. How about you, did you try anything new recently?
@unique16 (1531)
Hello fpsninja, You were very bold trying chicken liver. Does it taste like calf liver? I like liver when I was young but not so much now. Did you ketchup or gravey over the liver? How was the texture? Was it tough or rather smooth. I liver smooth melt in mouth kind of liver not the kind it takes a while to swallow. I am really happy you like it and you were not afriad to try it. Thanks and have a very nice evening Sincerely Unique16
@fpsninja (874)
It tastes very similar, but its not so dry. I had it marinated in peri peri sauce, a sort of spicy sauce. To be honest, it just tasted like normal chicken that had that slight liver tinge to it. And i had it sort of cut into small pieces, so you dip bread in it, and take a bite, so it was quite smooth. Try it, it was only £5 or so from nandos
I love chicken liver. I prefer it sauteed in butter and over french bread. I don`t fry it too much so it`s juicy. Yummy! It can be a wonderful food to put over your bread for brakfast. I eat calf livers as a main dish usually with homemade mashed potatoes. I fry it with crushed garlic.
@asliah (11148)
hi, chicken liver is really nice,i always wanted to eat it especially the saute one and mixed by a green leafy vegetables,and aside from that they said that its good to our health to eat this because it will add iron to our body,if i know the food then i will surely try it.
@artistry (4154)
....Hi there fpsninja, I love chicken liver. I used to buy it all the time when I discovered I liked it. Not so much now. But if you are cooking it at home, try a bit of garlic, onions, oil, salt and pepper to taste and you will be delighted. Hopefully you like garlic "o), But it is very tasty cooked this way. Saute it for a while until completely cooked. Makes for a nice dish with a little rice and a vegetable. Take care.