Has anybody benefited from online publishing of books?

I have come across sites claiming that they would help to publish books and also provide a medium through their sites to sell these books.I would like yo to share if you have gone through this publishing process anytime.How has been your experience like?Some of the sites I know of are lulu.com,pothi.com etc
@shibham (17022)
Yes, i have benefited by published book. I have to write some seminar papers and for the data, i use net and search some online books to make my paper standard. Have a nice day.
I published a book, a cook book, on lulu.com. It is expensive, but I think it is worth it if the book is good. What lulu.com does (unless I am mistaken with the site) is it prints the book how you make it and it sends a copy to you (how many you order). It charges you a little extra, but it is worth it in my opinion.