How to earn using Associated Content?

I am a newbie in Associated Content. So far, I've already written 3 articles. All of it are already accepted. According to my thoughts, I will be payed whenever my article is accepted. How come I'm still not getting any payments? Is there something I'm missing? What if I'm not a legal resident of US? Will I still be able to get payed? By the way, what are upfront payments? Can someone explain me these please. :l
@FrugalMommy (1447)
No, you are not eligible to be paid by Associated Content if you are not a citizen or legal resident of the United States. The only exception is if you are accepted as a Featured Contributor, or if Associated Content recruits you for a specific project.
@MegiMK (266)
For some reason, they don't accept people from Canada. That's about as far my plans of joining them went. I mean, thy probably would accept me but wouldn't pay. If you're not a legal resident of the US you won't get paid either. :( Try Bukisa or Examiner instead.