Wall vs. profile...

@coffeebreak (17820)
A recent change in Facebook has that ... prior you could go to your account settings and view how a "Friend" sees your wall. Now they have changed it and you can only view how a "friend" sees your profile. I dont' care how they see my profile, I care about how they see my wall. Certain things i want some to see and not others, but I can't verify that anymore cause they only let you see how "friends" see your profile. Is there a way to change this back to the way it was?
I was searching earlier as I too do not like the layout and feel of the new way and this verbatim is what I received from facebook admins: There were 2 very easy ways to return back, yet Facebook has stopped both of them. They simply do not want members using the old version. So unfortunately Mark Zuckerbergs brilliance has been manipulated by yet more not so savvy geeks. LOL
@coffeebreak (17820)
Why take it away? Why not just add the choice of viewing the profile or the wall. Why take away an option and replace it, if that option is a favorite of many? Why deal with the "turn back" issue...why not do it the easy way and make BOTH an option! Why wouldn't they want members to be able to see what their friends see?
Good questions coffeebreak as I sent another email and that one went unanswered. I agree to why did they mess with what was already working. I suppose having grown so much it no longer is one person's decision anymore.
@coffeebreak (17820)
My first thought was they are trying for security reasons for people not being able to get personal info out of anyone unless accepted as a friend, but then I realize there is more info possible on a profile than a wall so what's the point? I would think it'd be better to be able to see what you are putting up there so you can make safety adjustments! So probably , they just had nothing else to do with their time so they tossed everyone a bone to pick with them!
@cssiduyz (1054)
every online site must always make changes on its website. because, they too want to create an atmosphere that site seem to be even better. that is why there is in say the "maintenance".
@coffeebreak (17820)
I don't see how taking one way away makes anything any better. Like I said..I don't care about my profile and I don't care anymore about anothers profile...I want them to see my wall and I want to see theirs. I don't see how this is making things "better". It is going to make me stop facebooking. I want to have control over who sees my wall...all you have to do on a profile is fill in the blanks or not.
I can't wait to find this out. I hate the new way it is. I want the old way as well.
Hello gifts I posted below, but no it is not possible to revert to the old version.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I'll probably stop using it if this is the way they stay. I want to be able to know what friends are seeing. I have young kids in my family and older adults...sometimes I (and others) post things amongst us adults that we dont' want the kids to read. Yes, we can stipulate who sees it, but at the same time...it is very helpful to be able to type in the kids name and make sure they can't see that post. Facebook is getting to complicated to be useful..at least to me
No coffeebreak, you are not alone as so many kids are signing up to the site and pity that it is growing way too much for it's own good. I agree with you that it is way to difficult to hide things from the kids up in the site. Too sad that it was so very popular and unless they make yet another change they will be loosing many members as it really is not very user friendly anymore.