Aspirin + dead car battery= ?

@Joeyfish (239)
So I was reading up on some stuff about how to fix a battery that has been considered "permanently dead" and somewhere I read that if you add 12 aspirins to your battery (if its not one of those maintenance free ones) and wait around 5 minutes, your battery will be able to work again. I tried this with several different batteries and only two of them started to work out of like five. Has anyone heard of anything like this? And do you know any other 'Macgyver' tricks to make a dead batter work without charging it?
@lilaclady (28287)
wow that sounds interesting, if it works it could be a good fix in an emergencey, thanks might save us some day and we will remember you ..
@Joeyfish (239)
Haha, That's just what I do.. save people one day at a time :P And I like quick fixes like that, they interest me.
How do you add aspirin to a car battery? Where are you putting the aspirins?
@Joeyfish (239)
Not all car batteries are the same. But some car batteries have those two caps on them they say warning. You just pop those up and drop 2 in each hole (there should be 6 all together) Its also a good idea to fill them with distilled water if you don't see any liquid in them.