Find the purpose in Life

@shaace (105)
Singapore
Hi All, I need your advice. I have a friend who is having a mid-life crisis. After I talk to him for few hours, I find out that he is having a trouble in finding the purpose of his life. I am not someone who is very good in console someone. need your input or help what I can do or say to make my friend feel better. How to find something that you are looking forward to in life? Is that one of the way to find a purpose in life? what about doing something like traveling? Thank you.
Just be there for him when he needs to cry or talk. Lend him your shoulder and your ears is all I can say. I have been where your friend is at and that is all I wanted near me..
@shaace (105)
Thanks giftsa, that what I have done. be there for him when he need someone to share feeling or talk to. I am very worried about him. I hope he wont take a short-exit when I am not around.
@Metatronik (5910)
• Pasay, Philippines
Honestly I was not also a person who console my friend by the time he was suffering from depression to the extent that he wants to die already. I mean I wasn't able to help or give him advise at all because I know it for a fact that I am not a credible person to give advises that is like an easy to deal with because I myself is suffering from depression too. But then now I am happy for a fact that he already found his purpose in life and he is inspired on his profession now. I was just with him to listen and whenever he needs my help in other things I am willing to do so. Try to be a good listener and be there with your friend.