at 10 months

Hi! Just a few baby questions that I hope someone can answer. Nothing critical but do want to know. 1) is woolite close enough to dreft detergent that I can use it periodically on baby clothes? I've done this occasionally and haven't noticed any skin rashes or anything that would cause alarm. 2) the great value brand of yogurt....is that close enough to baby yogurt that it won't cause harm? I have looked at the consistency and I think a few are smoother than others; raspberry doesn't have chunks. 3) fruit. What fruits can I start my baby on? Or veggies for that matter. He doesn't have any problems with the baby food that is made and I'd like for him to enjoy good food. Thanks!
@marianne87 (3526)
I use the cheapest detergent available, we have no money to spare. Biological detergents aren't as bad as people make out, as long as your baby doesn't have a skin condition it makes no difference at all. Baby yogurts, I buy the cheap fromage frais and all my kids are fine with it. As for fruits, depends on baby's age and also you have to cut it smaller for younger babies.
Hi! So far, I've been able to get away with using Woolite and perfume free detergents periodically and haven't had any problems. I did see that ALL does have a baby detergent so it's nice to know that there is a choice out there. You're like me--not much to spare. Do you use coupons for what you do need? Even though they may not save a huge amount, $5-8.00 a week does help.
I don't get many coupons but I have some for baby food which I always use
@ajithlal (14568)
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I never used Dreft or Woolite. I just used ( and use) dye free perfume free detergent. This is safe for any baby. Plus there are some great coupons out there for most brands. I started my kids out on mashed banana. They loved it. As for veggies, well strained green beans and peas. Those were a big hit. I gave my kids Yoplait yogurt, and they were fine. I just bought vanilla until they were a bit older and could handle different types of fruit. Again you can always find a coupon once in a while for it.
@ajithlal (14568)
I like strawberry very much. But I didn't eat real strawberry fruit. But I tasted strawberry flavoured food items. So I really liked strawberry
@ebuscat (5949)
For me not eat him a solid food that he can't chew it and shallow.
• Netherlands
About the first, its safe to use any fabric softener if your baby does not react. I guess it is just try and react. Does he get a rash then use another one. He is old enough to start trying. The yoghurt same, just try a little and see how he reacts. just wait a day or two and if nothing changes try some more. Baby's of 10 months (mine is 11 months) should be able to handle most foods reasonabally. I would only wait with giving him fresh cowmilk because of a dairy intolerance development. good fruit to start with, pear, it is soft. banana.. watch out for strawberry's most baby's get rashes from them. Hope this helps.