Need advices

Hi! I'm just worried about my sister since she's on her 28th week of pregnancy and she's having asthma. The doctor prescribe her antibiotics and told us that we need nothing to worry about my sister taking these medicines. I'm a bit paranoid even if the doctor herself told there's nothing to worry about, I still need other people's opinions about this especially moms who had been through this kind of situation. Is it really safe and will not affect the baby?
@marianne87 (3526)
I'm not sure why she would be given antibiotics. I have asthma and I had an asthma attack in labour (brought on by the gas and air I was forced to use) but I just used my inhalers. If she had an infection, antibiotics would be appropriate, but she should find out exactly why she was given those as they have no effect at all against asthma
I was also confused why her doctor gave her antibiotics since she can use her inhaler in order to lessen her breathing difficulty. She always use her inhaler even before she got pregnant. My sister always had an asthma attack whenever the weather changes and too bad she's pregnant right now when it occurs. Hope she will be okay... I'm really worried.
I don't know the reason why the doctor has prescribed antibiotics for your sister .Antibiotics are generally prescribed for infections but not for Asthma,unless her asthma attack is triggered by a respiratory infection.It is not advisable to take antibiotics during pregnancy especially during the first trimester.Some antibiotics are tolerable during the 2nd and 3rd trimester,but most are not.