Do you eat Malunggay?

Malunggay is a staple and a common vegetable here in the Philippines especially in the rural areas. This vegetable is said to be rich in calcium, phosphorus, iron and Vitamins A,B and C. It was also said to be good for people with Diabetes because it lowers blood glucose levels as well as a good Nutritional support for breastfeeding Mothers. I like this veggie a lot because of its bitterish yet savory taste. How about you, Have you eaten this veggie before? God Bless fellas..Have a Good Day!
Interesting. I've not heard of such an amazing veggie! I would be curious if we had that here in the US and how to prepare it. As I worry about all the diabetes in our families that I would love something that would keep those sugars in check even before diagnosis of Diabetes in out household.
I didn't know if this veggie grows in your country or not, but we can always have a substitute or an alternative for this to lower blood glucose levels, like the Ampalaya, there had been some studies conducted here in my country and by some countries that proves its efficiency in lowering blood glucose levels in cases like Diabetes Mellitus.
@amoyube1980 (2233)
• Somalia
I love malunggay!! That was our staple food when we did not have a lot of money in the family. We would just pick it from the tree growing on our fence and then my mothet would cook it with coconnut oil. It would usually have a mix of whatever seafood was caught that morning and given to us by my uncle. It could be fish. seashells or small crabs. It's a lot of work to cook but so worth it.. now I'm missing it a lot.
yeah..me too I also miss it a lot especially last month when I went to my aunt's in Quezon province. People there just barely have no love for this veggie, it's either they don't like it or it's rare for them (I really wonder because this veggie is widespread in our country). Now I'm already back in manila and immediately looked for it so that I could finally savor it for quite about a month, I cook this for at least once or twice a week.
@km2011 (28)
I eat Malunggay! And I can vouch for its awesomeness in terms of making one's immune system really strong. I could only say good things about its effect on the health. I wonder what other countries have it in their backyards.