Who thinks that the price of a cell phone is outragious..

I mean really when you look at how much a cellphone cost and what come with some of this stuff is crazy, you have some phoned that are $500 and others that are less than that but not by much I mean what really comes with these phones? How many of you change you stuff or should I say gadgets every time they come out with something new. It seems that every year its something, they are always coming out with new stuff and people don't realize that they are not getting their money worth because every year they are making something new and us as a people we go out a get it, where did the time go to get your stuff and keep it for years, then trade it.
@shorty08322 (1270)
i knw what you are talking about it is crazy and they need to bring it down a lot lower then they have it bill gatess is the one that want to price up more you buy the more money he get he need to be like us and be poor he is nt so if they stop selling phones then he wont be making all this money
@jpso138 (7844)
I think it depends on the person whether or not the price is worth it or not. As you can see, there are those that settle for just the ordinary ones considering that they just want to use the cell phone mainly for texting and calling. As for me, I do more and simply is willing to spend more for such. Presently, I bought an Iphone, I would say that its worth it. But you do have a point. Considering that almost every year and in fact just a few months after, new phone with more features goes out in the market. I think the best way would be is to wait a little while before buying something since price would surely drop by then.
@omchesunche (1755)
Hi mate, I guess the problem is not on the cell phone itself but on the behavior of Human being who always like to upgrade every gadget since they have already boring or the model has out of trend compare with their friends. If we talk about functionality, three to five years old cell phone still capable and worth for basic use only.The problem is cell phone already part of fashion and trends which people want to be the same with their environment so it demands them to upgrade their cell phone accordingly..
@ebuscat (5949)
For me not but if it is then why you buy it is simple if you think it is then not to buy.
@naija4real (1293)
I think the like of Nokia,Samsung,sunny ericcson,sony,techno,LG etc are just exploiting the innocent buyer with this so called new product.They build a new technology and then fix an outrageous amount to get people attention.I think there are no proper monitoring team to evaluate the exact value of this machine or handheld gadgets. We the buyer get carried away and we pay out our little money to get them. If we stand our ground the like of Nokia,samsung will come to their senses we are just guinea pig that is being exploited by this mobile giant. I do not hate new technology but I just want a proper cost accountant to evaluate the true cost of this gadget the money the public pay for them is just too much.
I was once a person who would really buy the latest gadget and the most expensive cellphone i have bought was $1000. Was it worth it? Yes it was and i bought it about four years ago and now my father-in-law is using it. I have no regrets then in buying those phone because no matter how many times i dropped it it was still working fine, the pictures looked great, it was anti-glare and i could just use it right under the sun and would still look at the screen very clearly. It was touch screen with stylus and a qwerty keypad too and it was blackberry capable. Years later i realized i could get that kind of phone for free. So now i have blackberry, iphone and an htc and i can say they are all free. So i don't have to spend hundreds of dollars just to get them. I only have to pay a a monthly bill which is actually consumable and i say they're just bills that i do pay regularly even if i would buy a cellphone. So now my motto is, why buy when you can get it for free?
@moneywinner (1866)
• Brazil
I think it's because everyone have the best cell phones, so, we want to have too! Of course that one Iphone have a lot of awesome features, but it's worth the price? I really don't know too. But, it seems that almost everyone that I know have one iphone or a blackberry. I still did not buy one iphone or a blackberry, I still have my 4 years old cell phone. Still is working and is pretty, so, I think I will keep this cell phone until I get money to buy an iphone.