Have you ever had accidents with electricity?

Estonia
July 31, 2011 6:22am CST
Hi all! Yesterday I was having a discussion with my friend who is studying electricity science and we were talking about safety when working with electricity. He told me about some terrible accidents that have happened to people who neglected safety rules and got hit by a high voltage. This made me recall an accident from my childhood: I was alone at home and went to check what's inside the drawers. In one of the drawers I found a metal rod. I started to play with it and out of curiosity I stuck the metal rod inside the wall socket. I remember I received a hard hit and my hands were hurting badly. I cried a lot and my mother was shocked when she came home and found me in such condition. Since then I have been very careful with electricity, that was a lesson well learned. What about you, myLotters? Have you ever had accidents with electricity? If so, what happened?
1 person likes this
3 responses
@shibham (17022)
• India
31 Jul 11
Hi friend... Like you i also did stupidity out of curiosity and touched an wire to check how it hit and obviously, i fell down but no hurt. from that time, i have learnt a lot about electricity and wiring and shocked various times but fortunately have not hurt yet. have a nice day.
• Estonia
31 Jul 11
Good you survived with no serious injuries! As we can see, people learn their lessons from such painful mistakes! Thanks for responding, mate! :)
@chiyosan (30205)
• Philippines
28 Sep 11
I have not. I am always careful with it, and i am quite afraid even when i try to charge my phone or when i put on some appliances. I think because i am quite a conductor myself. haha sometimes when i accidentally bump into people they would tell me there was like an electricity that they felt in their arms (most of the time). or when i am at work and i would touch the workstation and there is a metal lining, i would feel like i have been electricuted.
@cream97 (29166)
• United States
16 Sep 11
Hi, Biomechanoid. No. I have never had an experience like this before. I have only felt a shock radiate from the socket, when I took the plug out though. Your experience seemed very scary. I could not imagine how scared that you was when this happened to you! I am glad that you are okay, because this was very terrible of what you have experienced.