How much it cost to patent if you create something???please help.!

Are you creating something? like on sewing or baking stuff..or anything that needs to be patent..How much do you think it will cost? can anyone share some idea how to patent a product..?
@CatGods (4596)
You and I are both in the U.S. I would call the U.S. patent attorneys office. I know that first you will have to do a patent search to see if a patent already exists for the product that you have in mind. Unless you know how to do a patent search, then you will have to hire an attorney to do it for you. Patent searches start at price 2,500. If there is no already existing patent for the product that you have in mind, then filing the patent form will be additional money and the cost depends on the type of product you have in mind. So the first step would be to contact a local business attorney. But I will say that you are talking about shelling out some big money to get a patent. Also keep in mind that patents are not secure. All a company has to do is change 10% of the design/product and it becomes a new product. I see it happen all of the time.
I am really wondering why it should cost that much? I went to that patent website but it's very confusing there. well, I guess no need to patent then because people would still copycat your product no matter what..! besides I cannot afford to spend thousands of money..thanks..well, I am just asking some opinions and idea if I have to patent my products..