uh oh hot wax

By C
@ShyBear88 (18070)
United States
June 18, 2012 6:57pm CST
Aww my poor baby today poured hot wax but she is okay I managed to get it all off of her before she got burned. For a little bit she had a red mark on her skin but it went away with win in an hour. She found away to knock it off the stand and on to herself but most all of it landed on other things around her and what hit her mostly landed on her shirt so only that one part of her arm. We didn't have to go to the doctor since she didn't blister or anything. I guess now I have to find a better place to put our candles that we melt.
2 people like this
4 responses
@toniganzon (53346)
• Philippines
19 Jun 12
Always place your candles out of reach for the kids. You'll never know what kids would do all the time. And next time it happens to your baby and she gets burned please get an egg and separate the yolk from the white. Apply the white on burnt skin. It will help the burn and it won't scar at all.
@ShyBear88 (18070)
• United States
19 Jun 12
It was out of her reach it's and electric candle melter so the cord is always in reach of anyone because there is no high outlets in apartments they never are some are starting to. I know what to do for a burn I wasn't asking what to do for burns I've had first aid before several times. Like I said above she didn't get burned and the wax wasn't hot enough to do any form of damage not even a scar. NO blisters no nothing. It was red for about and hour but then there was no signs of a physical burn going on top or below. Yes I know you never know what your little or even yourself will get into or how you'll hurt yourself. The world is dangers all of the time. There is a million things that can kill anyone at any times.
@toniganzon (53346)
• Philippines
20 Jun 12
I know you weren't asking for how to cure a burn and i read your discussion clearly. I just wanted to share the wonders of an egg white. Not to many people know this. Just sharing it in case someone gets burned in the family. Because burnt scars are awful and egg whites can prevent this. Wasn't trying to offend you or anything.
• United States
19 Jun 12
Welcome to the beginning of the terrible 2's? I am so relieved Sugar wasn't burned!
• United States
19 Jun 12
I didn't think about that. Even I know babies get into everything! These people need to get a grip! Hug Sugar for me. Pat JD for me and tell Hubby hello!
@dream_ozn (1758)
• Singapore
19 Jun 12
o, it's really sad to hear that you baby poured hot wax on herself. Luckily she had clothes on and i believe the cloth actually help to absorb some heat before leading on her skin. Luckily she did not have any blister. i think she is not injured as well? That's really lucky. Yep, i think it would be a good idea to place your candles somewhere that is high enough that your baby won't be able to reach it!
@ShyBear88 (18070)
• United States
19 Jun 12
Well most all of it like I said landed on other things a bit got her clothes well the shirt she was wearing and a bit on her arm but the arm was lightly covered so it wasn't going to be that paid period but I got it off really quick before anything would set in. No she isn't injured I watched all after noon for signs of it blister or swelling but nothing so that means it wasn't hot enough to cause any damage what so ever. I hurt myself more then she did picking everything up as best as I could after clean her up and putting a new shirt on her. It was high enough where baby can't reach it well toddler can't reach it. She pulled on the cord that melts the candle and normally she won't pull on cords and today was one of those days where she wanted to and learned a lesson about it. She is at that age where some times you got to get hurt to learn not to do something after being told a million times not to do it. It's one of those toddler things. At her age her skin is tougher then people would think its when there are new born and under a year that you really got to be careful about hot things. I'll just have to hide the cord better where she can't pull on it. There is no outlets out of reach of little kids.
@PoppaDave (438)
• United States
19 Jun 12
This is one of the things I stress to my kids who have kids. Keep anything that is fire or hot away from the children completely. I have heard stoies of a child climbing a shelf and burning himself badly. Also hot pans when cooking, turn the handles inward. It is hard to be a parent , because all of these lessons we learn the hard way unless we happen to take other people lessons to heart. I once pulled scalding water down off the stove and got some nasty burns as a child. Thank God the water had not boiled yet. My mother only turned her back for a second...but that was my window to see what she was doing for myself. You have to think like you child sometimes and glance around to see what could occur. I hope baby is ok and will sya a little extra prayer for baby. Best to keep candles off when baby is around.
@ShyBear88 (18070)
• United States
19 Jun 12
It was away from her and normally she doesn't touch cords but this time she does. We taughter since she could crawl no touch because you can be shocked or something and I told her once today not go over to where it was out because I didn't want her hitting something around it to knock it over. But of course she is only 17 months old and listening isn't there best quility. There is no way for her to get to hot pans she isn't allowed in the kitchen when someone is cooking and even right after something has been cooked because we gated it off in this apartment. Like I said my daughter is okay if your ready above other then it just getting on her the wax was pretty much cool by the time it hit her it was still hot enough to leave a little mark like I said for a few hours. By the time my hubby got home it was completely gone. I wiped it all off before a burn could set in. I do have first aid skills. At least it wasn't a burning candle just a melter. They are the tea melters that you put in an electric burner which the burner its self is a lot hot then the blow it was in. Also like I said all of it hit the stuff around her and not really directly on her because of where it's placed. There is no outlet out of her little reach here. There is some in other apartments but we don't have a choice of where outlets our placed. Just where put our stuff around them. Its one of those things where kids just have to learn some times by doing. I've done it about a million times growing up touching hot stuff the first time was when I was 2. Last week it was the movie stand she knocked all of our movies which isn't many on her head because she saw me touch it and thought it was okay to take down her favorite movie.