A children's sports day

@maximax8 (27053)
My disabled son is aged five years old. Today his school had the sports day for the four and five year old children. It was dry weather this morning but it rained in the afternoon as soon as the children came outside. The games continued in the rain and my disabled son won two well done stickers. He is in a wheelchair and so it was his assistant moving fast. The other children did a race bouncing along on hoppers. It was so funny and very enjoyable. It kept on raining so badly the head teacher closed the races earlier than had been organized. Have you ever been to a children's sports day? If so what was it like? Which sorts of games to you do at a children's sports day where you live?
@RawBill1 (8543)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I have been to many of my children's sports days in the past and they never fail to bore me senseless! My kids were supposed to have their major school sports day for the year last term, but it got rained out. The second half of the school year starts this Monday and so their rescheduled sports day is to be held on Tuesday. They want me to go, but I don't know if I really want to. I might as it is my daughters last year at the school, so it will be the last chance to see them together at one of these days, but I don't really want to!
At least it was only rain and not lightning so he could still enjoy his fun day! Bet the assistant got a workout pushing the wheelchair through the mud lol. I used to love our track and field days as a kid. We would complete with other schools and get ribbons for how well we did. It was always exciting to get the results on the last day of school and who placed 4th place or above and in what event. I can't wait to experience that with my kids when we are ready to have some!