Now that I have rested from my job, I couldn't really sleep well.

It has been almost a month since I had to take a leave of absence from my job. In my job the body is always tired. I wouldn't have any problems turning off my system as I am just "dead" every time I come home. I usually sleep long, at least 8 to 9 hours a day. Now, it is so erratic. I would sleep for 6 hours then I am fully awake but I get the feeling of being drowsy after a couple of hours. At times I wake up from just 4 hours of sleep, then sleep again in about an hour. I would try to get some sleep within the day but I never really get a good sleep, a totally rest. I tried being physical somehow to get my body exhausted but it was not successful either. I wander if this is how it feels when one finally retires from work and would have all the time in the world but the body just doesn't understand what respite is. I feel jet lagged for almost a month now.
@cearn25 (3460)
I think your body is just trying to adapt to the kind of life you have now. Before you were busy from work. You just have to understand your body. You will get used to it in a matter of days. Anyway, just enjoy your vacation or free time. You are so lucky because you have all the time to travel if you want.
@911Ricki (13602)
Have you thought about changing your job?. I was like this at my old job yet stuck it out nad it just got worse with time. Your body is trying to tell you something nand maybe this isnt the job for you.